25th Berlin EVA – Conference
CULTURAL HERITAGE - MATERIALITY - VIRTUALITY
November 07 - 09, 2018
The 25th EVA Berlin Conference [Electronic Media & Visual Arts] bridges between material culture and virtual representation. The concept of «Digital Twins», transferred into the field of Cultural Heritage, is currently changing our practices of curating, scholarly documentation and communication. Digital Twins provide broader access to the collections and allow for innovative narration and visualization concepts. E-installations and streaming services give duration to the performative arts or turn music into a perfect listening experience in the digital concert hall.
The conference will present current positions and practical applications on these topics in the GLAM-institutions. Particular procedures, innovative products and cooperation projects will be issued at the poster session and expo.
Focus areas and topics
- Digital Twins. Visualization, simulation and hybrid technologies in museums, libraries and archives
- Digital Aura. Heritage in 2D, 3D, sound, video & gaming
- 3D technologies, Augmented, Mixed and Virtual Reality
- Digital Storytelling and multi-perspective narration
- Sharing, Posting, Liking. Collaborative cultures on the Web
- Open Access and “Yellow Milkmaids”
- E-installations, performing arts and digital concert halls
- Documentation Networked. Semantic Web, AI, metadata, data standards and exchange formats
- Digital Dark Age. Long-term availability and quality of data
- Authenticity, Referentiality and Blockchain technologies in cultural heritage
- Digital DNA. Institutional areas of activity, services and innovative business models in the virtualized museum
- Initiatives and co-operations: Europeana, German Digital Library to specialized gateways and portals
The 25th EVA conference in Berlin invites you to present current positions and/or practical examples e.g. demonstrations. Innovative contributions to the conference and proposals for application-oriented workshops are expected. Novel procedures, technologies, projects and products can be exhibited in parallel.
As part of the network of EVA conferences International located in Florence, Jerusalem, Kopenhagen, London, Paris and St. Petersburg the 25th EVA event in Berlin is a platform for transnational exchange and European co-operation.
- Museums, libraries, archives and performing arts institutions
- Ministries of culture and education, museums and heritage organisations, other cultural institutions
- Research institutions for image processing, computer graphics, information and media sciences
- Suppliers of multimedia and image processing systems, hardware and software, online information services, databases
The conference EVA Berlin 2017 is to be held by the National Museums in Berlin – Prussian Cultural Heritage with the dedicated support of the German Center for Aerospace e.V. – Institute of Optical Sensor Systems. It owes its programmatic impulses to the close cooperation with Eva-Conferences International